Hi I'm Paul and have been type 2 since 1994. It's been a learning experience! Freestyle Libre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhm

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been using FreeStyleLibre for nearly 4 years. Along the way have learned by experience that although very good, is not perfect.
Works better if sensor is attached several hours before due to be started, even then some sensors don't 'start' at once.
Have had more 'faulty' sensors in the last several months than the previous 3 years.
What have been other users experiences?

I have been using FreeStyleLibre for nearly 4 years. Along the way have learned by experience that although very good, is not perfect.
Works better if sensor is attached several hours before due to be started, even then some sensors don't 'start' at once.
Have had more 'faulty' sensors in the last several months than the previous 3 years.
What have been other users experiences?
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum 🙂 I think your experiences reflect many those of many other members with the Libre. I have changed the title of your thread otherwise people may not realise you are asking about it 🙂

Hi Paul, welcome along.

I have been using the Libre for a couple of years now.

I had a 2 or 3 faulty sensors early on, but other than that I haven’t really had any problems (possibly shouldn’t have said that as I’m due to change sensors tomorrow:().

After reading that others attach their sensors hours before, I did try this, but to be honest didn’t notice any difference, so I attach it and just wait the hour. Works fine for me...just shows we are all different.

No it’s not perfect, often reads a bit higher at top end and a bit lower at lower numbers, but taking into account time lag and that it’s not measuring blood glucose from the finger I’m comparing it to, I still love it and the extra information it gives me.

Are you generally happy with it? Have you tried or would you try a similar product?

Hi Paul

I tend to put my next sensor in 24 hours before the current one ends. This allows it to settle before I activate it. Without that I found that I wasted the first day with wibbly readings that were very different from my BG readings. Others don’t find this timing necessary. If it works for you then stick with that system.

With regard to faulty sensors, I have had very few, and only one in the past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back