hi. i need some help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

beela_x

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi i am diabeteic, and today i thought i would check my nieces glucose levels. it was 19.0 and i was really shocked. she is nearly 3 years of age.. is this normal? just like any other kid, she eats chocolate and sweets, and has drinks which contain sugar. im really worried now, and just dont know what to do..

Hi and welcome to the forum.🙂

Had your niece washed her hands? She may have had some sugar etc on fingers. Had she just eaten? She could have an infection. It is possible that she is diabetic, but I think its better that her parents take her to the GP as sometimes there can be other reasons for random high readings, although if she was 19 - as you know - this is very high. I do hope this was a one-off and there is another reason for the reading. Do let us know if there is any news from the GP.🙂Bev

ohhh, firstly did you was her hands before you tested her? i tested my son once and it came up 12 then realised he had sticky fingers re tested and it was 6 , if u did wash her hands it does seem hi , mabey re test her and if its still hi phone the dr , its better to get her seen to especially being so young , hope she is ok , but please get her checked x

Hiya,

Why were you suspicious in the first place? Does she have symptoms?

Hope its all ok x

hey thank for all the replys, yeah i might try again another time, because dont think she did wash her hands, so might have still had some sugar on her fingers. i just got a new glucose monitor today, and i just thought i try it on her, and she did not seem to mind. thank you all anyways. appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back