Hi I’m new to this I’m type 1 diabetic

LucyDUK

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi @Kim H

Welcome to the forum. Are you new to diabetes or just to the forum? :)

Bec2015

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Kim H and welcome to the forum :)

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Kim H

I have learnt most of what I know about my day yo day management from others on here.
Fire away with any questions that you have. People will happily help you and I find always learn from other people’s questions.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

Glad you have found us!

Are there any aspects of your diabetes management that you are finding particularly challenging at the moment?

What insulins, pens, pumps, gadgets and gizmos do you currently use? Have you ever done DAFNE or a similar education course?

Fire away with any questions you may have, we are all continually learning, and there are no ‘perfect‘ PWD here. No questions will be thought of as too obvious or ‘silly’. :)

Kim H

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know what would happen if you miss insulin injection and blood sugar to rise?

Kim H

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

I have learnt most of what I know about my day yo day management from others on here.
Fire away with any questions that you have. People will happily help you and I find always learn from other people’s questions.
Hi just want to know what would happen if you miss injection of insulin and blood sugar rises?

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Kim H assuming that you are on Multiple Daily Injections (MDI), if you miss an injection having eaten some carbs your BG will rise as those carbs are converted into glucose. The basal insulin will deal with the glucose that your liver will dribble out to upkeep you ticking over.

Have you been taught how to correct your levels if they do rise. If you have not had the chance to do an education course about adjusting your doses it would be worth asking to be referred to one. The nature of the course depends on where you live. The one I followed was Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating (DAFNE). It was offered soon after my diagnosis and I found it invaluable.