Hi Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBravin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys l use the Lifestyle Libre2 for my glucose checks. I have had numerous problems with the alarm system not going off at the correct time. I have alarms set to go off a 9.7 when I am getting high and 4.3 when I am getting low. But I have had lots of issues with no alarms when I have been going into an hypo and when I go too high.

Have any of you guys using the Lifestyle Libre 2 had similar experiences?

I had a 3.4 today and was mystified as I hadn't had an earlier warning at the programmed 4.2. I will keep an eye on it from now on and see if it keeps happening.

@BBravin can you elaborate on your use of the Freestyle Libre 2?
- are you using the phone app or reader?
- is the Libre reporting low/high reading but not alarming or is the sensor incorrectly reporting the numbers?
- how old is the sensor?
- where is the receiver/phone?
- are you certain you have Libre 2 and not Libre 1?
- have you received any alarms from this sensor?
- has the receiver/app lost contact with the sensor?
- …

Does it throw a bit of wobbler if the BG is changing rapidly, like it loses contact with the reader/phone sometimes when that is the case?

I had a 3.4 today and was mystified as I hadn't had an earlier warning at the programmed 4.2. I will keep an eye on it from now on and see if it keeps happening.
Your bg might have dropped straight to 3.4 and that could have been the first reading below 4.2 so it alarmed then

@BBravin can you elaborate on your use of the Freestyle Libre 2?
- are you using the phone app or reader?
- is the Libre reporting low/high reading but not alarming or is the sensor incorrectly reporting the numbers?
- how old is the sensor?
- where is the receiver/phone?
- are you certain you have Libre 2 and not Libre 1?
- have you received any alarms from this sensor?
- has the receiver/app lost contact with the sensor?
- …
Hi Helli
Thank you for your response. This is an issue that has been going on for months. I have been in touch with Abbott Lab (the supplier). They have now sent me FOUR sensors and reader's, (Libre 2) . I have sent the sensors and readers back to them to investigate the problem. All Abbott Labs want to do is send replacement reader. Hence the reason for asking if others have the same issue?I used to be on the Libre 1 before changing to Libre 2. I usually use my phone but always take the reader with me as I set the reader first before my phone so that the alarm will go off on my reader. I am getting alarms but NOT at the correct readings. I have had alarm go off when I have been as low as 2.9 (my alarm set at 4.3) and as high as 14.1( my alarm set at 9.7) I have done finger prick tests which seems to confirm the readers reading. I have been type 1 for 41 years and keep really good control but these issues are very concerning. The last time I spoke to Abbott Labs they told me to look for an alternative product as they have no more answers.

Really sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having. If the Libre 1 worked well for you, is it worth asking to go back to that. I am very happy with the Libre 1 and the more I read about people having problems with the Libre 2, the more anxious I am about my impending upgrade. Personally I am not all that bothered about the alarms, but there seems to be quite an array of problems people experienced at using the original model, are having with the Libre 2, so clearly not user or application error.
There have been new NICE guidelines brought out which come into force next year I believe (April if I remember correctly) which allow us Type 1s access to CGM rather than Flash which the Libre is, so I wonder if you might manage to get Dexcom prescribed as a result of that change when Libre is not working for you and Abbott are essentially pushing you away as a customer.

Ah, well ...... the Libre 1 which I only had for 4 months ish, hardly ever reflected my actual BG correctly. The Libre 2 has been better - some sensors work cock on PDQ and some are well out throughout. Some are crap for the first 4 to 7 days and OK after, it just seems entirely random and nothing I've ever pinned down.

I know from using a pump for over10 years that my absorption of insulin from cannulas is also fairly random. Lousy, brilliant or mediocre - just never know from cannula to cannula. I have no idea whatsoever why this is but just maybe it is something to do with the fact I'm very prone to seborrheic keratoses, which medical science hasn't so far found any reason for why some folk get em and some don't, except when it's a feature of ageing - those of us who get em before old age are typically otherwise fighting fit and in their early 30s. These keratoses each have their own fantastic blood supply - bleed like merry hell if you catch one with a nail whilst eg scratching your back indiscriminately cos the itching drives you potty when the blood starts circulating again where your bra was a bit tight across the back or under the arms or cups and you just got undressed for bed ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back