Hi Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

recyclequeen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well tomorrow is the day

I am off the the surgery tomorrow, i took everyones advice and wrote to the surgery telling them how unhappy i was with their services, and how angry i was that i hav e to pay for my test strips and lancets, just because they feel that as type 2 and diet only i have no need to test.

they have told me they are looking into my arguements and are going to let me know, i am hoping for answers tomorrow. i will ask them tomorrow why it has taken me 2 weeks to get an appointment for my headaches.

anyway i will let you all know how i get on

angie

Best of luck Angie - let us know how it goes and dont take 'no' for an answer!🙂Bev

Hi Angie good luck for tomorrow you stick to your guns hun , this is something that is important dont let anyone tell you diffirent , pop back on and let us know how it goes x

Good luck with that! My advice would be to go armed with facts:

Look at http://www.pasa.nhs.uk/PASAWeb/NHSprocurement/CEP/CEPproducts/CEP+catalogue.htm and try the report CEP08008, page 3 which talks about the cost of in patient diabetes care, and how BG monitoring can prevent it. Sorry, for some reason my computer won't let me copy and paste the test that I wanted to give you.

I hope it goes well, let's hope this can be the start of a T2 test strip revolution!

Good luck tomorrow Ange, I hope you win and they agree to give you the strips.

Best of luck at the docs, hope you get the result you need (I'm in the same boat!) xx

go for it angie i have no problems getting them so why should you ?? good luck xxxx

Good luck angie. If you have time, read the conclusions in the report (pdf at bottom of webpage) on this website. It is the most up to date thinking on self monitoring for T2 and supports your case.

Good luck, I hope it all goes well. An appointment is a step in the right direction.

Good luck, hope you manage to get a result x

Good luck, Hope it all goes well.
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back