Hi everyone new to this forum

Chris Price

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am new to this forum I have had type 1 for five years and a Diabetes uk member for 2 years.I am a runner and have run from 5k up to ultra marathon distances.I am currently on mdi and using Fiasp and toujeo.

Hi @Chris Price and welcome to the forum!

I've always been sort of jealous of long-distance runners as I've mainly stuck to sprinting when I was in school and University :rofl: So I'm secretly envying (in a good way) and greatly admiring all the marathon runners in this forum - shall now add you to the list :star:
Were you a 'runner' before your diagnosis as well? If so, how did you manage it in the very beginning? I'm asking as sometimes we get new users, who have been recently diagnosed and feel like they have to 'give up' on the things they used to previously enjoy and we know that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

Hi and welcome from me too.

We must have been diagnosed about the same time as I have 5.5 years in. I also use Fiasp but with Levemir as my basal, which I absolutely love.
How are you getting on with your diabetes management? Is there anything particular which brings you to the forum? It is a great place to compare notes with others and learn practical tips and strategies to smooth out some of the diabetes anomalies which can make it rather challenging.
The level of knowledge and experience and support here is second to none. I hope you find the forum as hugely beneficial as I have.

Well done, couldn't run to catch a bus but admire those who do, especially with challenges like having type 1 diabetes & juggling insulin doses & such.

Back