Hi COVID injection (fpizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules1717

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi has anyone else found their blood sugar increases after having a COVID injection / booster. Mine is normally abt 7.0 - type2 on Metformin x4 but recording at 3 am was 11 and just now still fasting at 9.4. Just wondered if anyone found a link. TIA

Yes this is common.
Any stress such as illness, tough day at the office, uncomfortable exercise or your body building up immunity to a virus causes our liver to dump more glucose to cope leading to a raised BG if we have diabetes.

We are all different and others may have different reactions. For example I expected the rise for my first covid jab based on my experience with annual flu jabs. My BG fell asleep a result of the covid jab!

That's great thx for replying so quickly. I knew it would alter if I'm ill but don't see myself as ill - lol. I've the flu jab in abt 2 weeks so no doubt the same for that. Thx for reply

Hopefully it will only be quite short lived @Jules1717

It generally doesn’t last long, just while the immune system is busy responding to the vaccine.

At least I suppose it shows the booster is working
Well, maybe. I think the other side effects (sore arm, etc.) aren't related. I think the usual answer is that there's usually no signal that your immune system is responding (or not), but I'd also guess that they haven't looked that much at BG variation. I'd note that for previous doses it seemed that responses were all over the place (some went down, some up, some didn't notice any change).

Well, maybe. I think the other side effects (sore arm, etc.) aren't related. I think the usual answer is that there's usually no signal that your immune system is responding (or not), but I'd also guess that they haven't looked that much at BG variation. I'd note that for previous doses it seemed that responses were all over the place (some went down, some up, some didn't notice any change).
Well I've definitely got a sore arm ! At least I know others affected either up / down as well. Thx for yr reply

It does happen:

Reason is unknown, but it seems it can last for a week or two. (That paper has a theory that the vaccine inhibits some pathway.) I believe it can happen to people who aren't diabetic as well.

It does happen:

Reason is unknown, but it seems it can last for a week or two. (That paper has a theory that the vaccine inhibits some pathway.) I believe it can happen to people who aren't diabetic as well.
Oh that's interesting. Thx for yr reply

I have not found d Covid or Flu vaccines have affected my levels.

Had 5 covid jabs up to now, only had bad reaction once & symptoms were like bad cold that last about 24hrs. Strangely enough bg was fine which was unusual as they can go up fair bit with bad colds or flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back