Hi, any comments on Byetta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanicholls

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am new to this site. I have been Type 2 diabetic since Dec 2008 and have been (sort of) controlling it with diet and tablets. The tablets are not really working any more ( last 2 Hb1ac tests around 9) so I have just started on Byetta. Expected to feel very sick etc as per the advice, but I don't. It is only day 3 though. Any advice please? I would be interested to hear from anyone else with experience of Byetta.
Thanks. Sally

Sally hi and a warm welcome I was on Byetta for a few months and also suffered no side effects I found it helped me lose weight but over a slow period of time and then it stopped all of a sudden so I was taken off byetta and put onto Victoza which is like byetta but only needs to be taken once, Theres at least 3/4 people on it at the moment on this forum so hopefully they will be along to help out abit more soon

Hi Sally, welcome to the forum 🙂 We have quite a few members on Byetta, and a while ago there was a very popular long-running thread about people's experiences with it - you might want to have a browse through it:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=9445&

I don't have any personal experience of it, but know that some tolerate it well, whilst others suffer unacceptable side-effects - I hope you are in the former category and that you find it works really well for you. If not, then some people find Victoza works, so there are other things to try 🙂

Have a browse of our 'Useful Links' thread, there may be links to things there that will help with your diabetes management that you hadn't been aware of. Plus, of course, you can ask any question you like here and we will do our best to help out! I look forward to hearing more from you 🙂

Welcome to the forum Sally 🙂

Welcome to the forums Sally 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back