Hi all :) new member here looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachel1707

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all 🙂

I'm new to the forums (not sure if im doing it right), i'll give it a bash!

I've recently been given a freestyle libre kit (been T1 for 20 years), I've started it up with the app on my phone (iPhone XS - which is compatible) but ive gone to check it on the Libre reader and its saying the sensor is already in use with another reader (my phone) so cant be used with my reader. I was able to set it up using my phone and the reader last time with no issues.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi @rachel1707 . Welcome to the forum. I am pleased to hear you have received them on prescription I hope you find the Libre as helpful as I have,
Sadly you won’t be able to use your reader with this sensor as you need to start a new sensor with the reader then your phone.

Hi @rachel1707 and welcome to the forum.
Good to hear you have now got access to the Libre.
As Lin said, if you want to use your reader you have to start a sensor with that and then the phone.
For this one just use your phone. It is one less thing to carry around with you, and the display is clearer on phones. (I just find it is not so easy during exercise as the phone is a bit big to stuff in my bra!)

I hope that you find the Libre useful. Let us know how you get on.

Hello Rachel,
Welcome to the forum.
There is a great deal of help and experience here to help you

Welcome to the forum @rachel1707

Yes the ‘start with the reader first, then phone’ thing is a bit annoying if you don’t realise. You used to have to start with the phone within 60 minutes of starting the sensor too, but I think newer versions of the phone app have lifted that 60 minute limit.

Having said that... I generally start them close together just so I have them available 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back