Hi All I’m back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Last time I was on here I was pre- diabetic
And really got a bit complacent.
The last blood test was not good the doctor wrote Poor control. So I’m taking Metformin now 1000mg morning and 500mg at night. Was been worrying is that my daily blood test can be between 6.5 to 7.8 which I thought the Metformin would reduce the numbers to normal.

Welcome back. I'm afraid metformin alone is unlikely to reduce your blood glucose by very much and it is dietary changes that are equally if not more important. If you made no changes when prediabetic that would likely explain why you have crossed that threshold into diabetic zone.
How near those numbers are to what you might expect as a diagnosed Type 2 will depend on when you took those readings. The aim is for 4-7mmol/l fasting/ morning and before meals and no more than 8-8.5mmol/l 2 hours post meal or if your level is higher than that then keeping you meal increase below 3mmol/l is the aim.

Welcome back @RayP

Did you previously have another username?

Would you like me to merge your new account with your earlier one to keep your story together?

The last blood test was not good the doctor wrote Poor control.

Sorry you’ve had such negative language used about your diabetes. Personally I don’t think that’s a helpful phrase. There is a project to try to reduce the use of this negative and unhelpful sort of terminology called ‘language matters’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back