Status
Not open for further replies.

gaphilp85

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
My name Gareth 39,
Been type 2 for around 9 years now. Did well for first few years. But really struggling over last few years blood suffering with anxiety and depression which so finding it hard to manage my diabetes. So thought I finally come on here see if I can learn so tip to help

Yeah I'm on 2000mg prolonged metformin, 10mg of empagliflozin and 3mg rybeisus be increase to 7mg next week

Yeah I'm on 2000mg prolonged metformin, 10mg of empagliflozin and 3mg rybeisus be increase to 7mg next week
What sort of dietary regime are you following as if your blood glucose levels are still high then you may still be having more carbohydrates than all those medications and your body can cope with.
What would typical meals be.
There is plenty around the forum with links to various menu ideas, you may find the Learning Zone a good place to start and also the information and menu plans in this link which may be suitable but with the meds you are taking you need to take care with going too low on carbs. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
Just to add I hope you have a home testing blood glucose monitor and strips which with the medication you are taking should be prescribed so you could do some strategic testing of your meals.

Yeah my meals have been the problem. Mental health not been great so been struggling to force on it. But I'm getting there slowly. Had to battle to get a monitor and stripes but have them now.
Need to get back to the mind set I had a few years back where got my hba1c down to 52 and lost just over 3 stone.
Keep the weight off but hba1c has been 70+ for last couple of years with a high of 95. Hence why I finally pushed my self to get help with my mental health and join the site to soak in the resources.
Thanks for the information will definitely we look at it

Welcome to the forum @gaphilp85

And so pleased you have joined us. Living with diabetes alongside depression and anxiety can be such a challenge, and elevated and erratic glucose levels can have an additional negative impact on mood - which is a really unhelpful double-whammy.

Hopefully with a little support and encouragement from the forum, you’ll be able to make some positive changes, find a better balance between menu and meds, improve your glucose levels, and get the additional benefit of a clearer, calmer mind too.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back