Here's a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I wont go into the blah blah foot thing again, too tired and too in pain

Why, if my bloods are at 2.8, are my feet kicking up one hell of a stink????? Its doing my nut in, and very painful. Stupid pills have worn off and cant take anymore!

Just curious...its wierd!

Im only speculating hon but would it be because your overall level is high? I used to have tingling in my feet and was diagnosed, but last year it stopped (touch wood). I remember Northener saying he had some when he was diagnosed but its improved with overall better a1c.

I tried to google to see what I could find. I didnt find the answer (there was too much info for this time of night!) but this website seems to have a lot of good info http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/DM/pubs/neuropathies/ I wouldnt look at it now if you are in hypo!

On that note, you ok? Is Matt with you? Hope you ok and BIG HUGS XXX

Im only speculating hon but would it be because your overall level is high? I used to have tingling in my feet and was diagnosed, but last year it stopped (touch wood). I remember Northener saying he had some when he was diagnosed but its improved with overall better a1c.

I tried to google to see what I could find. I didnt find the answer (there was too much info for this time of night!) but this website seems to have a lot of good info http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/DM/pubs/neuropathies/ I wouldnt look at it now if you are in hypo!

On that note, you ok? Is Matt with you? Hope you ok and BIG HUGS XXX

but my hba1c was 6.5 % :confused: this is way too wierd...

Isnt it because you are coming down from having higher levels? your HbA is now 6.5% but was higher so you are getting pain because things are adjusting? Think that's how it works! AM used to have neuropathy pain when she started insulin because she was used to being so high all the time.

Sam, I think it is because you have improved your levels that you are experiencing this transient pain and tingling - your nerves have become more sensitive and, if it's the same as me, this will ease as you become used to those lower levels and your body decides it's normal. It's not really dependent on your day-to-day ups and downs, so it won't necessarily disappear when you are low, just when you have been lower than you used to be for a while. (Does that make sense?:confused:)

Hope it settles down so you can get a good night's sleep - remember, you've got a book to write in the morning!🙂

...I see katie bat me to it!

but my hba1c was 6.5 % :confused: this is way too wierd...

I was just watching your vlog and noticed that afters, was just coming back to say! Thats a great Hba1c, such a shame you have this problem going on.

By the way the vlog was funny! x

Hi Sam,

Sorry going off topic. I had a quick nosey at your vlog (hope you don't mind) and noticed you're using a OneTouch Ultra Easy, but you're lancet device (finger pricker) looks double the length of mine.

Just wondered if it's the one you got with it or have you changed it yourself?

Sorry I can't add anything to the foot pain/tingling although I've noticed I get pins and needles in my fingers now when I go low that I never noticed before.

NiVZ

Hi Sam,

Sorry going off topic. I had a quick nosey at your vlog (hope you don't mind) and noticed you're using a OneTouch Ultra Easy, but you're lancet device (finger pricker) looks double the length of mine.

Just wondered if it's the one you got with it or have you changed it yourself?

Sorry I can't add anything to the foot pain/tingling although I've noticed I get pins and needles in my fingers now when I go low that I never noticed before.

NiVZ

hello 🙂 I lost the one that came with it when I was drunk, so changed back to my multiclix :D

thanks for the replies guys, I'll bear that in mind next time by body decides to go crazy on me and I shall yell obscene comments at it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back