Hemochromatosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I am not saying this is what I have but with my High red blood cell reading, Hb, and Haematocrit along with other symptoms this seems most likely. What I don't know is if you have diabetes type 2 what comes first? Or is it usual for all this to be high ?
I am speaking with the DN tomorrow but not sure she will have a clue other than to try and put me on diabetic medication and diet.

I am not saying this is what I have but with my High red blood cell reading, Hb, and Haematocrit along with other symptoms this seems most likely. What I don't know is if you have diabetes type 2 what comes first? Or is it usual for all this to be high ?
I am speaking with the DN tomorrow but not sure she will have a clue other than to try and put me on diabetic medication and diet.
That is interesting as any haemoglobinopathies (issues with red blood cells) can affect the accuracy of the HbA1C test.
There is another test fructoseamine which is better to have done in those circumstances.
Have a look at this link to the NHS site and see if any of the other symptoms described fit.

Last edited:

The excess iron causes the diabetes. Info here (if the strange-looking link works):

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabete...ype of diabetes is,tone caused by the illness.

That is interesting as any haemoglobinopathies (issues with red blood cells) can affect the accuracy of the HbA1C test.
There is another test fructoseamine which is better to have done in those circumstances.
Have a look at this link to the NHS site and see if any of the other symptoms described fit.
Yes , quite a lot fits the arthritis definitely, the puffy ankles and shortness of breath and tiredness too. I will have to see. I'll ask about that test too . Thank you.

So that would be a cause rather than if I had really gone mad on bad foods/I am not perfect but it really doesn't add up to me or my husband that what I eat has made my diabetic rise so much. It might be why my foods sometimes cause hypos one time and the same foods cause me to be hyper another time. I am sure diabetes is complex but I did think by now I would be in a routine and it would be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back