Help !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstu21

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi

Got a weird one and need some advice.

Have been out for day and was in car on way home and started to feel sick. got out of car promptly threw up (into brown recyling bin sorry if you do that for a living lol). got in doors took a reading and BS was 5.6 and keytones were 0.1 so all ok there. was wondering if because my sugar were getting low it could be that???? has anybody else had thios at all or know if that can be a cause.

Stuart
:confused:

Hi

Got a weird one and need some advice.

Have been out for day and was in car on way home and started to feel sick. got out of car promptly threw up (into brown recyling bin sorry if you do that for a living lol). got in doors took a reading and BS was 5.6 and keytones were 0.1 so all ok there. was wondering if because my sugar were getting low it could be that???? has anybody else had thios at all or know if that can be a cause.

Stuart
:confused:

Sorry to hear youve been ill Stuart , are you sure your not coming down with a bug or something? I have had that sick queasy feeling before , usually if ive got hot . I also and I know a few other type1's have had the dreaded feel sick , queasiness in the morning . hope you feel better soon .

Hi Stuart,

Are you coming down with something? Sorry to hear that you're feeling dodgy. Hope you feel better soon.

Tom H

Hi Stu, might not be anything to do with the diabetes - I often have to remind myself that non-diabetics get sick sometimes too! Hope you are feeling better.

Could be anything - travel sickness, food poisoning, dehydration / electrolyte inbalance (that happens a lot in adventure racing / endurance running with no input from diabetes) etc. If it is an infection, the your blood sugar levels may rise. I think I'd have aimed for a gutter or drain rather than a bin, though... Hope you're feeling better now.

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but as others have said it could be anything. For me it is if I eat the wrong kind of food or it is going off (quorn makes me sick), if I am heading for a virus or something or getting over heated.

The advice given to me is keep the fluids going, especially things like orange squash or water and keep out of the sun.Keep food simple if you want to eat. If you think it is heat exhastion or food poisoning seek help, and certainly if it carries on for 24 hours you should get medical help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back