Status
Not open for further replies.

Athm76

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Pronouns
He/Him
Good evening,

I need someone's help, please. My son has type one diabetes, and we used the last sensors two days ago. We are awaiting a new delivery, but he was playing with his siblings, and the sensor came off his arm. Since it was our last sensor and we're waiting for the new supply, I was wondering if I could buy a Dexcom G6 sensor or borrow one. I'll return it as soon as I receive my supplies. I just don't want him to miss school tomorrow. I'm available to come and collect it tonight. Thank you very much for your help.

If you normally get them on prescription, you may be able to go to your local pharmacist and they could give you an emergency supply. This happens with my pharmacist in Northern Ireland, but it may be different where you live.

Good evening,

I need someone's help, please. My son has type one diabetes, and we used the last sensors two days ago. We are awaiting a new delivery, but he was playing with his siblings, and the sensor came off his arm. Since it was our last sensor and we're waiting for the new supply, I was wondering if I could buy a Dexcom G6 sensor or borrow one. I'll return it as soon as I receive my supplies. I just don't want him to miss school tomorrow. I'm available to come and collect it tonight. Thank you very much for your help.

@Athm76 You should usually get the sensors sent by Dexcom before you run out. What you could do in the meantime is see if you can buy a Libre 2 or get an emergency prescription for a Libre.

When is the Dexcom delivery due? They’re usually very quick. If it hasn’t been dispatched, give them a call and explain. You might also want to see if your son can be upgraded to the G7. Much lower profile (no external transmitter) and a fabulous overpatch that holds it on extremely well.

You can buy g6 but not sure you'd get the delivery quickly enough...if sensors come off early dexcom would normally replace them, but, again, its timing.
I think some pharmacies will sell a libre over the counter? I think g6 would be less likely to find in a pharmacy given dexcom get sent from dexcom on subscription rather than via pharmacies on prescription, in england at least
For the future, it may be worth getting ahead of yourself...would the diabetes clinic allow you an extra supply for this? Do they have ones 'in hand' perhaps?
Alternativly, it is possible to extend a g6, and the same method could probably work if the sensor is in but the transmitter popped out. There are videos online. Though if the sensor has come off that won't help
i found an extended g6 ok for a couple if days but then the accuracy trails off.
ARe you using overpatches? If not it may hrlp in future
Where are you in uk (roughly?).You may get more response if people know they are within your travelling distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back