Help with wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenevitt

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Part of my diabetes challenge i aim to ride roughly... in my wheel chair.. but its a normal one and could do with a sports one.. if you have seen the documtary ... its on there..
Anyone know if i can hire one... get one.. i could pass if on after.... as i only need it for the challenge...
any ideas would be great...

Lee

Hi,
I still havent been able to hear your documentary - so not sure what the challenge is. Perhaps you could set up a collection on here? I would be happy to donate towards the cost of one or the hire of one. Any idea how much they cost?🙂Bev

Hi,
I still havent been able to hear your documentary - so not sure what the challenge is. Perhaps you could set up a collection on here? I would be happy to donate towards the cost of one or the hire of one. Any idea how much they cost?🙂Bev
Hey Bev... looking into the hire but not much Joy... the proper sports ones are 1600... hence the issue... i can send you a copy of the doc if you like.,...

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Events_i...-ride-from-Hengitsbury-to-Sandbanks/?navid=43

here is the link to the challenge..😉

thanks for your help bev x

Oh Lee, I have racked my brains for some sort of answer here and I have come up with none, Ive even googled...

Anyway, the only suggestion I can think of Lee is to contact your occupational therapy department at your local hospital as I would have thought they would know the local places to get one or maybe on a lend? My only other other suggestion would be the same, to try and drop an OT an email through the website or something, but for a spinal injuries unit? When I was a student I worked at the RNOH spinal injuries unit (loved it, not that that has anything to do with the thread!) but they really know their stuff in these places...

...at the very least, they can say they dont know!

Good luck with that Lee and let us know a justgiving link when you have one. I will sponsor you.

Lou

Oh Lee, I have racked my brains for some sort of answer here and I have come up with none, Ive even googled...

Anyway, the only suggestion I can think of Lee is to contact your occupational therapy department at your local hospital as I would have thought they would know the local places to get one or maybe on a lend? My only other other suggestion would be the same, to try and drop an OT an email through the website or something, but for a spinal injuries unit? When I was a student I worked at the RNOH spinal injuries unit (loved it, not that that has anything to do with the thread!) but they really know their stuff in these places...

...at the very least, they can say they dont know!

Good luck with that Lee and let us know a justgiving link when you have one. I will sponsor you.

Lou
hey sugarbum.... thanks for trying for i will will contact them and see...

here is the link for the diabates uk challenge xx

http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/challenge/leenevitt-dontsufferinsilence

thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lee, I managed to see the link - brilliant! I have sent you a pm.🙂Bev

I did a google uk for wheelchair hire and there were a few hits.

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back