Help with testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anji53

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This morning I am having problems with my nexus gluco Rx.
firstly kept getting e f. Then readings varied between 5.6 and 7.2. In a matter of minutes

firstly kept getting e f. Then readings varied between 5.6 and 7.2. In a matter of minutes
That variation is normal, you shouldn’t test repeatedly and compare them as they will vary. Watching a video online on how to use the meter may help to prevent the errors?

All meters have a 15% margin of error @Anji53 so it’s normal to get different readings even if you test seconds after another test.

These are the error messages. Perhaps you didn’t have sufficient blood on the strip:

Thank you It’s so difficult
I tested again as having the E f made me think the meter wasn’t working so wanted to check
suppose I’ll have to discount this mornings and try again tomorrow

E F usually means there's not enough blood on the test strip.

E F usually means there's not enough blood on the test strip.
I always worry when people say 'on the test strip' as I imagine people assume it goes on the top of the strip not into the reservoir in the strip.
I used to get that with an instrument at work when people applied the sample to a screw head rather than on the optical platform which was about 0.5mm in diameter and needed a very steady hand.

I always worry when people say 'on the test strip'
What it says in the handbook doesn't make it any clearer either:-
E F Appears when test strip is removed while counting down, or insufficient blood volume.

The E error code can occur for a number of reasons I think one being low battery others are mentioned on this page;

I’ll have to discount this mornings and try again tomorrow
Just take the mid-point of the readings, so 6.4.

If you're washing your hands as you should before testing, make sure the finger is thoroughly dry to avoid any dilution of the sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back