Help with steroids and type 2 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne 2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Everybody Has anyone had problems with steroids I had Bell Palsy a few months ago and a few days later
I was Lightheaded agitated and feeling confused I still have this after several months I would be so grateful for
any Help. Many Thanks Anne 2

Welcome @Anne 2 🙂 Sorry to hear you’re not feeling yourself. Are you still on the steroids? Are you on any medication for the diabetes? Do you test your blood sugar when you feel like this?

Thank you for your reply Inka, yes I’m on metformin 500mg twice per day they also gave me glicazide
Which didn’t help had my bloods done yesterday waiting for results Yes I was testing 3 times each day
Then told me to stop as they thought I was getting stressed with it.

Could you be having hypos as Gliclazide can cause hypos, you will only know by checking your blood glucose levels.

If you still have your glucose meter and strips, I’d test when you feel funny @Anne 2 Gliclazide can cause low sugars and what you’ve described could be symptoms of low blood sugar (hypo).

Thanks Inka I still have glucose meter strips I will test

Let us know what results you get (if you are happy to share them) - especially if it would be helpful to have some help and suggestions interpreting them?

I will let you all know when I get the results and yes it would be great to have help interpreting the
results. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back