help with sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jilld'

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hello, my husband has type 2 diabetes and is now on morphine patches for neuropathic pain..these make him vomit frequently ..has anyone else had anything similiar or any advice how to help him ...thanks jill

Hi and welcome to the forum, you're certainly in the right place to get some support!

I don't have any experience of what you're describing but i've moved this thread to the main board where hopefully someone will be able to help!

A

Hi and welcome.

Has your husband tried other medications for the neuopathy before? Maybe there are some other non-opiod options. Or maybe taking different forms of morphine mayeb tablets would suit him better than the patches. Is his GP supportive?

Hope that things start to improve for you both

Morphine? Oof.

Best thing I can suggest is this:
http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/joomla/neuropathy-treatment

I also know a chap who's recently been put onto a low dose of amitriptylene (see article) for his neuropathy and the pain has more or less stopped. Might depend on the individual case of course.

But longer term the best thing that can be done with respect to neuropathy is to get blood glucose under control (ideally get the HbA1c down to under 6).

hi and welcome to the site jill i cant help/advise in your thread but like already been said your here and thats a good thing

hope things improve x

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the sickness related to Morphine patches, Is is possible for your doctor to prescribe a medication similar to Stemityl .....I'm pretty certain they still available..if not under a different name...they are brilliant for nausea, vomitting and dizziness....

Hope this helps

Heidi
🙂

Hello and Welcome to the forum , I hope things improve for you both soon 🙂

Hi, I hope hubby is better. It can't be much fun for either of you. I'd talk to the doctor. Make sure hubby has plenty of fluids (especially as it has been so warm recently) and if possible encorage him to eat a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back