Help with AgaMatrix Lancing Device/ recommendations for replacement

Lucylu92

Relationship to Diabetes
Gestational
Hi, new here, just diagnosed gestational diabetic

I was given the AgaMatrix wave sense Jazz testing kit. Happy with the machine but 2 days in and I can’t seem to reload the AgaMatrix Lancing Device? This followed from a particular painful finger prick. The lancet won’t click into the device and stay and appears at a slight angle.

Thankfully I got last nights readings. Next reading due pre breakfast which may be an issue. I actually put on a freestyle libre trial sensor last night too- so far it doesn’t seem accurate but I can’t cross check.

Will be ringing GP first thing- will they issue a replacement device?
Is there a lancet device available on the NHS which is better/ more sturdy?- need tips on what’s best- 33G working well other than device issue.

Ps will “borrow” some disposable lancets from work first thing tomorrow so I don’t miss any monitoring!!

Hello @Lucylu92 and welcome

I would ring AgaMatrix customer care & they will hopefully send you a replacement finger pricker , just look up AgaMatrix Customer Care for the phone number. Companies usually send replacements out quickly.

I actually use my microlet lancet as I found the one you have was hard to load. The amount of times removing clear cap I pricked myself. Microlet ones twist off. I also find it’s a gentler action.

Back