Help!!!! Sugar Levels!! Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

insulinaddict09

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
HI EVERYONE , IVE HAD 2 HYPOS TODAY AND NOW IVE GONE THE TOTAL OPPOSITE , IM NOW SHOWING UP HI ON MY METER 😱 I NEED TO CORRECT BUT I AM UNSURE HOW HIGH THAT IS ????? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ? IS IT IN THE 30'S :confused:

p.s i know its over the top 20's as my meter reads up to that , it an optium xceed

Last edited:
Goodness Me Hun Not Had The Best Day Have We , What Meter Do You Use ? I Know My Meter Will Only Read 27 And If It Goes Onto Hi Then I Guess It Means Im Higher Then 30, Have You Eating Anything Outta The Ordinary That Might Of Caused The Ups And Downs?

p.s there is no chance that it might just be a dodgy test strip? incase maybe perform a control solution test

Last edited:
Goodness Me Hun Not Had The Best Day Have We , What Meter Do You Use ? I Know My Meter Will Only Read 27 And If It Goes Onto Hi Then I Guess It Means Im Higher Then 30, Have You Eating Anything Outta The Ordinary That Might Of Caused The Ups And Downs?

p.s there is no chance that it might just be a dodgy test strip? incase maybe perform a control solution test

no ive done another test and its defo not the meter either , its from my hypo munchies earlier lol , ffs i know im above 30 as my meter reads to over 29 , im just not sure how much insulin to take to correct. 😡:confused:

no ive done another test and its defo not the meter either , its from my hypo munchies earlier lol , ffs i know im above 30 as my meter reads to over 29 , im just not sure how much insulin to take to correct. 😡:confused:

sorry hun i cant advise but a few peeps wil more then likely be able to help u more then i can :(:( xxx cant win can you if you treat a hypo the food you eat then causes a hyper arghhhhhhhhhhhh !

Last edited:
sorry hun i cant advise but a few peeps wil more then likely be able to help u more then i can :(:( xxx cant win can you if you treat a hypo the food you eat then causes a hyper arghhhhhhhhhhhh !

hahaha you and your typos lol , whos having the hyper lol you or me !!! thanks for making me laugh though steff :D

well i always assume when it shows HI its 30+ and thats pretty high in my books, so i will always take about 10/12 units straight away and then recheck after giving it a bit of time to work. It will likely to have come back down to below 30 so then u can see if u need anymore or not.

well i always assume when it shows HI its 30+ and thats pretty high in my books, so i will always take about 10/12 units straight away and then recheck after giving it a bit of time to work. It will likely to have come back down to below 30 so then u can see if u need anymore or not.

thanks for that dan , yeah i think its about 33 or something ?? ive just taken 12 units of fast and i'll check again and correct if i need to . thankyou !!!!

Well its now after 3 am and I'm still " HI " on the meter !! ive done 2 corrections of 12 units and then another 10 , still not coming down 😱 Im starting to feel quite sick and VERY thirsty now , and blurry vision although I'm not sure if thats the high levels or the fact its late lol more likely to be the high levels I think as I hardly ever sleep anyway. I'll check again and then hopefully I will be coming down rather than staying " HI" or dropping like a stone. Ive checked for Blood Ketones and all clear so thats something I suppose. 😱

Right its 4.10 am and finally I'm coming down ,I'm now 22.9 so I'm going in the right direction at last lol , its taking its time though as this started just before Midnight and I'm still sky high after 2 corrections . I will wait a while longer then correct again if I need to which I think is quite possible 😱

morning AM how are things now ? gosh you had an eventful night , hope your feeling better

morning AM how are things now ? gosh you had an eventful night , hope your feeling better

Morning Steff , hehehe Ive survived the night lol , still 10 though after 3 corrections ffs grrrr😡 I'll correct again in a bit .🙄

oooo 10 thats abit better then 30+ must of been very worrying for you hun

oooo 10 thats abit better then 30+ must of been very worrying for you hun

Yeah very annoying especially as I'd had two lows earlier in the day 😡 So literally from one end of the scale to the other and a monster headache to prove it lol . 10's ok but still double what it should be really 😡

Yeah very annoying especially as I'd had two lows earlier in the day 😡 So literally from one end of the scale to the other and a monster headache to prove it lol . 10's ok but still double what it should be really 😡

yeah i can imagine the headaches i get them everytime i hyper seem to come with the terriotory

Wow... Sorry Anne-Marie, I completely missed you last night. I hop eyou're feeling a bit better this mornig. Continually high levels really make you feel rubbish don't they! Keep checking to make sure allthose correction doses don't suddenly make you drop... I wonder what it was? Do you feel ill? maybe you're brewing for something? x

yeah i can imagine the headaches i get them everytime i hyper seem to come with the terriotory

Yes the Classic Hyper , Hypo Headache Grrrr 😡😡

Wow... Sorry Anne-Marie, I completely missed you last night. I hop eyou're feeling a bit better this mornig. Continually high levels really make you feel rubbish don't they! Keep checking to make sure allthose correction doses don't suddenly make you drop... I wonder what it was? Do you feel ill? maybe you're brewing for something? x

Hi Munjeeta , it was the result and bounce back from two low hypos during the day/ evening and a touch of the hypo munchies I think , it doesnt help the Carbs zoom me to the 20's even after the smallest amount ( 1 slice of brown bread ) so all combined and I have been off the scale all night :( I'm on the way down now though im 10 so i'll check in a while and then correct if needed. Hope you have a good day !! good luck with your levels today !!

Hi Anne Marie,
Sorry you had a bad night. I was told that meters only read up to 31 and then will just show 'HI'. It does sound as if you have over treated the hypo's? What do you have for a hypo normally? Were you exercising earlier on as this can bring levels high. Hope your feeling better this morning.🙂Bev

Hi Anne-Marie, hope things have stabilised now and the heat isn't making you hypo again - stay cool 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back