Help! Seem to have lost control

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer dreamer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. I have been through a very stressful last 6 months moving countries and changing jobs, problems with housing. My HbA1C has shot up and even my fasting bms are really high for me. Not really changed my eating. Feeling pretty unwell with it. Not sure how to get it back under control GP doesn’t seem particularly concerned.
Help?!!

Welcome to the forum
When you say shot up, what is it now.
Stress is known to be a trigger to increasing blood glucose and maybe a review of your diet would be helpful. The way your body copes with carbohydrates may have changed, this is something people can find over time.
You may find this link helpful to looking at adjustments and give you some new ideas. There may be foods available here (I assume you are now in the UK) which were not before.

Hi all. I have been through a very stressful last 6 months moving countries and changing jobs, problems with housing. My HbA1C has shot up and even my fasting bms are really high for me. Not really changed my eating. Feeling pretty unwell with it. Not sure how to get it back under control GP doesn’t seem particularly concerned.
Help?!!

Welcome @summer dreamer 🙂 Stress can cause high sugars - how high are your sugars? When you say you’re feeling unwell, what symptoms do you have?

Are you on any medication?

Thanks both for your replies. My HbA1C usually sits in the low 50s but has shot up to 86. I’m symptomatic in terms of being mega thirsty, up to the bathroom a couple of times a night, really itchy and tired.
I have been eating pretty low carb for years now and it’s always stayed under control ish. I am on metformin and canagaflozin.
I am having a good look at the low carb link thank you.

Welcome to the forum @summer dreamer

Sorry to hear your diabetes is giving you a hard time of late :(

Sounds like something may have changed, and if you are aware that your formerly successful BG management strategies are no longer so effective, it may mean that you would benefit from either revising your menu, or chatting to your GP about re-assessing your meds.

Are you under additional stress, have you started taking any meds for other things, or do you think you might have any illness or injury brewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back