Help. Problem with Omnipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigginhappy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello
I have been on the omnipod for over a year now but I am having problems getting it to stick. I had to change it 4 times yesterday and already once today.
The problem seems to be when I sweat which with this heat and when I exercise not great. I also use rock tape but that is even coming off
It is also so very itchy. Not sure if it’s the adhesive or an allergy to the metal. I have places all over my stomach.
I love being tube free but I am getting really really fed up
Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice

Make sure you clean the skin with an alcohol wipe, let it dry for a few mins, Have you spoken to the pump company regarding the non stick ability?

I had the problem with one of my Dexcom sensors stuck it on and it just peeled off. Never had that before but rang Dexcom and no issue with a replacement.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Omnipods @pigginhappy

I think some people who have difficulty with diabetes devoces staying stuck use a skin prep called ‘Skin tak’?

I’m not sure if @stephknits has any tips?

My friend had this problem and did find that cleaning the area with an alcohol wipe before made a difference. Will ask if he has any other advice.

I've also seen people that have issues with adhesives sticking recommend washing the area with soap before applying to strip the natural oils works wonders too xx

There are lots of items on the market to improve the sticking, I use cavilon spray at the moment because the heat was making my sites unstick. Have you used adhesive patches over the pod or any type of spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back