Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elenadecu

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello.My name is Elena ,i'm from Romania,and i'm in visit at my sister in Scotland.Last year i was diagnosed with diabetes type 2,the doctor reccomend me Metoformin and Glicazide.My actual problem is i finished the pills,and i feel very bad now,i try to go at the G.P here,for register like temporary pacient,but i can't succed,i call every morning to make an appointment,but they say we don't have slots today call tommorow and so on...Please if is someone here on the forum have Glicazide to spare,or to sell,i pay for it,please let me know...Thank you!

Hi @elenadecu. Sorry to hear about your problem but you cannot solve it by obtaining gliclazide the way you are asking. Passing on or selling prescription medication is illegal and forum members know that.

You will need to keep trying the GP or if you are feeling really ill, go to the A&E at your nearest hospital. They should sort you out.

Hello.My name is Elena ,i'm from Romania,and i'm in visit at my sister in Scotland.Last year i was diagnosed with diabetes type 2,the doctor reccomend me Metoformin and Glicazide.My actual problem is i finished the pills,and i feel very bad now,i try to go at the G.P here,for register like temporary pacient,but i can't succed,i call every morning to make an appointment,but they say we don't have slots today call tommorow and so on...Please if is someone here on the forum have Glicazide to spare,or to sell,i pay for it,please let me know...Thank you!
Yes, getting an appointment is very difficult. What the person on reception isn't telling you is that you need to make an appointment for 1 or 2 weeks time ( I know this is a bit late for you now, but is likely the only way to make sure you get an appointment in the future). Otherwise they keep misleading the patients by saying we have no appointments today/tomorrow, please ring back in the morning. I've caught them out doing this to me many times. Now my reply is OK, you have no appointments today or tomorrow, do you have one in a week or two, then they say yes!

Once I managed to see my GP, I told them what the people on reception were doing, they said they would have a word with them and tell them they shouldn't be telling patients there are NO appointments, they do have them, just not immediately.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear how difficult you are finding it to get an appointment @elenadecu :(

Does the surgery have an e-consult facility? Where you can put your situation in writing and receive a call back when a Dr has reviewed it.

I found that easier than having to race to get one of the few appointment slots when the phone lines open in the morning.

This page on the NHS website has some details about registering as a temporary patient

How-to-access-nhs-services-in-england-if-you-are-visiting-from-abroad/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back