Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Afternoon everyone. I’m really struggling with food. I was put on Metformin a couple of months ago and I have really been watching what I eat but I’m only consuming between 600 & 1000 calories per day. I have irritable bowel and I’m sensitive to gluten. I hate veg except carrots and peas and only select fruits. My blood sugars are definitely down but I’m so tired and I fear it’s not eating enough. Can anyone give me advice please. I’ve been having toast (brown) or eggs for breakfast and tuna mayo either brown bread or brown sandwich thins then maybe chicken for dinner but some days I only eat one meal. Many thanks in advance

Adding protein and fats should help. Could you add some cheese, some oily fish, some Greek yoghurt (full fat, plain)?

Do you need to lose weight and how are your blood glucose levels ,?We may be able to help if we know what you need
Carol

Afternoon everyone. I’m really struggling with food. I was put on Metformin a couple of months ago and I have really been watching what I eat but I’m only consuming between 600 & 1000 calories per day. I have irritable bowel and I’m sensitive to gluten. I hate veg except carrots and peas and only select fruits. My blood sugars are definitely down but I’m so tired and I fear it’s not eating enough. Can anyone give me advice please. I’ve been having toast (brown) or eggs for breakfast and tuna mayo either brown bread or brown sandwich thins then maybe chicken for dinner but some days I only eat one meal. Many thanks in advance
Are you doing the diet where you eat 800 ish calories a day to reverse diabetes? What is it that you’re struggling with?

Is there any reason why you are sticking to such low calorie but you are still having quite a few carbs. Some find that reducing carbs helps with IBS symptoms.
Your lack of energy is likely because you are not eating enough. If you have restricted options for food then it can be useful to test with a home monitor as that will tell you what foods you can eat safely as well as those it is wise to steer clear of.
Testing before you eat and after 2 hours will give you an idea of what you can tolerate by keeping any increase to less than 3mmol/l or less than 8-8.5mmol/l depending on where about you are on the diabetic scale, that is what your HbA1C is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back