HELP please from anyone who has used Gluco Navii meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobyloo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i have just tried to test myself and after 3 strips not registering i opened new box. Still the blood will not absorb right up the strip and register on meter. Has anyone else had this happen? Do you think could be meter? Usually the blood is sucked up the strip and this only seems to go halfway up. No error message or response from meter just a flashing picture of the strip remains which i cant remember if this should still show once strip is inserted (could someone please check?). The are 2 different batches of strips and were working earlier.
I have put new battery in.

Have you used hand cream or similar recently @Loobyloo ? I once had a problem like you describe and worked out it was the remnants of hand cream affecting the suck-up-ability of the blood.

No i havent
I think the meter is probably faulty and may have to order a replacement as i have read instructions and should have a strip and blood drop picture when ready to test and i dont get this. I have now used loads of strips trying so pretty sure not the strips.

If you haven't applied the drop of blood to the strip quickly enough after inserting the strip into the monitor it may have 'timed' out.
Was the drop of blood enough to fill the reservoir in the strip.

If you believe the meter is faulty, contact the manufacturer and I would be very surprised if they don't send you a free replacement meter and perhaps some test strips if you tell them you have wasted a lot trying to get it to work.

You are using the correct test strips for that meter aren't you and you are inserting the test strip all the way into the meter until it gives you the flashing blood drop, saying it is ready for the sample?

Thanks everyone. This morning i have tried blowing in the hole the strip enters in case some dust or dirt has gotten in and its cleared the problem and working again! Fingers crossed it lasts. Handy thing to know. if you hear anyone else have a problem like mine in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back