Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largesse1!

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Dear Forum,

About 6 months ago my HbA1c was done to 47 And I’d lost two stone With many more to go. I then fractured a vertebra in my back and work has also been very stressful. I’ve also becoem my Mum’s carer as she is struggling at 82 with lots of health conditions. My HbA1c has gone up to 49 and I’ve put a stone back on. Low carbs doesnt seem to be having the effect it once did as my morning BG is between 7.3 and 8.5 and I’m no longer losing weight.
I’m struggling to keep up the motivation.
Any wise counsel would be very much appreciated.

Are you on any medication either for your diabetes or anything else, if so, what?

None. When I was diagnosed I went on Metformin but came off it when my score went down to 46 last October. I really want to manage this without meds if I can - that holy grail of remission!

It is disappointing when this happens and the cause may be just the extra stress and change in your routine. Maybe going back to basics with your diet and keeping a food diary will help you see where things have drifted by just enough to increase your levels and put that dreaded weight back on.
I am worried myself that forced inactivity from having ruptured my patellar tendon is going to impact on my weight and glucose levels.
I don't think it would take much work on your diet to bring those levels back down especially of you make good use of a monitor to test what meals may be an issue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back