help needed........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep1979

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi all well it has been a while but i felt i needed to come and ask for your help...................

for the past few days i have been feeling down. not gonna go into why, but just wanted to know if you who have been diabetic for a while still get the dark days???

Hi Mike,
Nice to see you again.
i am quite newly diagnosed so maybe the wrong person to answer but anyway i have been quite upset and low for a week or so as i just feel like i dont know what i'm doing and have no help at all.

Hope you feel better soon

Julie xx

Hi Mike, I've been diagnosed since Easter 2006. Yes I get days where I am very down, even to the point where I burst into tears for no apparent reason. On those days I keep myself to myself, avoid others as much as I can and listen to my personal stero because I want others to leave me alone. It can last anything from a few hours to a couple of days. My manager at work is very understanding so sends me off to quiet places well away from everyone else when I am like that.

I hope you are feeling better. Churchill used to suffer from depression, he called it his black dog.

Yes. Very much. They're something I have had to deal with and get used to; and have strategies in place for pulling myself up rather thant letting myself get dragged down into the depths of dispair. In all fairness, the day to day strains of having a ocndition like diabetes are huge, and I think it's perfectly normal to get down about it from time to time. I think it's what you do about it that makes the difference. Talking about it is a good start! Hop eyou feel better soon. It's good to have you back x

hi all well it has been a while but i felt i needed to come and ask for your help...................

for the past few days i have been feeling down. not gonna go into why, but just wanted to know if you who have been diabetic for a while still get the dark days???

Hi

I'm not diabetic but my 5 yr old daughter is. Most of the time we just get on with it and it is just part of life (even though her blood sugars are all over the place) but other days can be bleak when I contemplate what life has in store for her. It just doesn't seem fair but I have to think that other people have it far worse than us.

Gabi

Mike, been struggling this week too with dark days. Don't think it is unusual for many of us as life's normal ups and downs are affected by the additional challenge of managing the diabetes. Hope you feel better soon

Mike its good to hear from you 🙂

sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment, I dont get down that much due to diabetes (not yet), but i do sympathise. I think with everyhing we have to go through on a daily basis, when something else happens in our lives it can all get a bit much.

Just remember you are looking after yourself great, you have a caring loving family, and you can always talk to us about anything!

thank you all so very much for the replies.

it is just a combination of things that have caused me to feel like this and unfortunatly the things i usually do to get out of this state of mind are not working so much to the point that i have started to slip into old bad habbits again.

thank you again for the replies everyone 🙂

mike

I hope our replies made you feel better. It is nice to know there is support.

they made me smile caroline so thank you for that.

Chin up Mike! You're not over the hill yet!
Crack open a beer, I know you've got a fridge full!

We all have dark days I'm sure, some of us more than others, for me I try not to blame it on the D word, if that wasn't there, there would be something else to bring me down some days.

I hope you pick yourself up soon.

Rossi.

well everyone thank you for the replies. i really appretiate that 🙂

just a quick update really, well today i have been feeling a lot brighter and not so down in the dumps. it must have been one of them periods that im sure all diabetics go through. spent a couple of days doing some relaxing things 🙂 and it really seems to have helped me.

well again thanks for all the replies folks 😉

mike

Glad to hear you're feeling better. How are you getting on with the Linux?

Glad to hear you're feeling better. How are you getting on with the Linux?

the linux is working great on the desktop thanks tez :D just need to install it on the laptop now lol

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather!

I experience a really strong link between sugar levels & mood...first noticed (& of course commented on, cheeky sod!) by my husband. When it's anything over 10ish I feel really bleak, just generally down, irritable & grumpy. Over the years it's become quite a good trigger for me to do a blood test! (& boy do I hate it when he's right!). On the plus side, the times when I get my sugar levels right I feel fab! 🙂

I think it's quite normal to just get fed up from time to time with being a diabetic - especially when dealing with complications etc. (the prospect of an eye clinic initially gets me very grumpy these days!) I think these forums are great - it's super being able to speak with other diabetics & not feel like the "odd one out". I also think it's important to take it easy on yourself sometimes & accept that there is no such thing as the "perfect person"!

Anyway, hope things are going well for you now!

All the best,
Twitchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back