Help needed with Libre app udate

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupdragon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I had a difficult conversation with a call handler from Abbott earlier this week (mentioned in a previous thread).
During the call I was told that I needed to update the app to the latest version. I'd avoided doing this as the app was working perfectly for me and, as I use the reader as well I hadn't had any problems with the alarms.
I updated the app yesterday. At first it showed the previous version of the app but today it updated. Now it is taking ages to give a reading, although it does eventually work.
I phoned Abbott today (and spoke to a very pleasant call handler). He told me that the new version of the app is not compatible with my (admittedly old) phone which is why I have the problem and that I shouldn't have been told to update the app.
Is it correct that there is no way of returning to the previous version of the app? Hoping to avoid having a get a new phone.

The simple answer is No! However there are some websites around that have old versions of all sorts of apps, so LL may be there.

What version of Android is it? Can that be brought up to date to support the latest LL?

There are other 3rd party apps (eg Juggluco) that may well be happier with an older android, and will give you and the HCP the info needed.

Or, as a final/extreme option, depending on your phone there may be a custom rom that would give you the latest and greatest android.

The problem is that all the above need some technical knowledge and courage, and even if you go that route Abbott will go into a spin when you read that out to them. Fun though:D!

The simple answer is No! However there are some websites around that have old versions of all sorts of apps, so LL may be there.

What version of Android is it? Can that be brought up to date to support the latest LL?

There are other 3rd party apps (eg Juggluco) that may well be happier with an older android, and will give you and the HCP the info needed.

Or, as a final/extreme option, depending on your phone there may be a custom rom that would give you the latest and greatest android.

The problem is that all the above need some technical knowledge and courage, and even if you go that route Abbott will go into a spin when you read that out to them. Fun though:D!
Thanks for that @barrym
I'll have a think about those ideas.
At least it seems to have connected to the new sensor so hopefully it will continue to work even if it is annoyingly slow.

I have a feeling someone posted months ago about uninstalling a new update and installing a previous version and I think they linked to an archive of the old versions. @Bruce Stephens can you remember the thread I am talking about. It was the one where the update prevented people getting alarms I think and it was probably about 6-8 months ago.

Been wracking my brains and I think it might have been @Benny G who posted about the link to the previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back