Help needed in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

IbrahimHCaglayan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am in London tending my son who had an operation and my blood glucose has shot up to 210 (11.6) Being from abroad I am a bit scared and would like to visit a doctor and get medical advice. Can anyone suggest a doctor or clinic? I did not want to simply google and wished to get recommended help. Thanks!

11.6 is not dangerously high. If you do really want/need to see a doctor, you should look for a drop in centre. Failing that, if your son has a GP, they may see you.

Sorry I can't offer any more specific help, but as I say, 11.6 is nothing to worry about too urgently.

Hi Ibrahim

I think as Alan suggests, a drop in centre is a good idea. I think this is the page you need:

http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearch.aspx?ServiceType=WalkInCentre?WT.srch=1

just enter your postcode in the box and it will find the nearest drop in centre for you. If the link does not work, I found it by googling 'NHS walk in centres', it is the very top result.

Or you could call NHS Direct 0845 46 47 or http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

I am sure you know what is high or not for you. If you feel scared and think that 11 is an unusually high sugar level for you, then you should see a doctor even if others might not think it is high for them.

High in Stress

Hi there - don't panic! In times of stress our bs levels tend to go high - I am a type 1 and when my dad was dying I didn't eat for 3 days and constantly had to inject to bring my bs levels down! It will be the stress of coping with your son's operation - in a way it is your bodies natural response - giving you energy to cope - unfortunately being diabetics - we see this happen by monitoring our blood sugars and that can cause further stress! There is an excellent endocrine until at St Guy's hospital at London Bridge - but I am not sure about being able to 'drop in' on them. Your levels aren't exceptionally high and I am confident that once you are happy with your son's progress that they will return to normal.
Best of luck and hope your son recovers quicky xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back