Help needed asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steverpayne

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I've just injected my novarapid in my leg instead of my tresiba which is my slow release so it's like I've put double my fast release insulin into my leg what do I do do I need to take my tresiba aswell I need help hope someone is ava5 to chat to me

How much insulin have you taken and what is your current BG?

Hi, it was 6.5 my BG I usually take 13 novarapid with meals and 23 tresiba at night but I've pushed 23 of the novarapid instead

I’ve done that before albeit not so much we all make mistakes. Just eat as many carbs as you would for 23 units of novorapid and keep an eye on your BG incase you go hypo

I’ve done that before albeit not so much we all make mistakes. Just eat as many carbs as you would for 23 units of novorapid and keep an eye on your BG incase you go hypo
Just eating some choco biscuits at the moment thank you do I take my tresiba or not

Do you use a libre or dexcom or just a BG meter?Do your tresiba when you feel confident you have stopped the efffects of the novorapid by the biscuits you have eaten and that you aren’t going to hypo

Do you use a libre or dexcom or just a BG meter?Do your tresiba when you feel confident you have stopped the efffects of the novorapid by the biscuits you have eaten and that you aren’t going to hypo
I just use a BG meter I've set my alarm for a hour and every hour after that to check

That’s a good idea to set an alarm and check every hour. I was asking if you had a libre or dexcom as they would tell you which way your numbers were heading

Yeah I thought so I'm thinking of getting one of those I've only really been on insulin for a year uoto now so I'm still getting my head around all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back