Help! Metformin/ Tilomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverannie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My husband takes Metformin/Tilomed 1000 mg prolonged release tablets. His repeat prescription for it has not been delivered as we thought it had - the chemist only delivered my repeats!
So, tonight he finds that he is completely out of Metformin tablets. He takes 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. He took one this morning and has no more.
Being Saturday evening, there isn't much we can do about getting his prescription delivered.
As well as Lantus and empagliflozin (Jardiance) I also take Metformin 500mg tablets.
What would you advise? Waiting until Monday morning for his repeats to actually be delivered? Or would / should he take mine instead? Would a gap of 48 + hours from his last Metformin to getting his replacement be far too long? HELP!

My husband takes Metformin/Tilomed 1000 mg prolonged release tablets. His repeat prescription for it has not been delivered as we thought it had - the chemist only delivered my repeats!
So, tonight he finds that he is completely out of Metformin tablets. He takes 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. He took one this morning and has no more.
Being Saturday evening, there isn't much we can do about getting his prescription delivered.
As well as Lantus and empagliflozin (Jardiance) I also take Metformin 500mg tablets.
What would you advise? Waiting until Monday morning for his repeats to actually be delivered? Or would / should he take mine instead? Would a gap of 48 + hours from his last Metformin to getting his replacement be far too long? HELP!
I really doubt that 48 hours will make much difference. Metformin's effects on BG are pretty modest, and it hangs around in the bod for a while.

I really doubt that 48 hours will make much difference. Metformin's effects on BG are pretty modest, and it hangs around in the bod for a while.
Thanks so much for your quick reply! I think we will both breathe a little easier til Monday morning!

Hope your new supply comes through quickly next week @Silverannie 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back