Help I’m scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suepat45

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had my diabetic review blood’s Thursday the best day I get a call to have a repeat test the next day for U and Es I saw the form and it said urgent, I know it’s to do with kidneys
But I’m terrified of what it could be (I also suffer from health anxiety) has anyone else been through this?

Hi - I get 'U & E' checked at least every 12 months! - it's a pretty standard test for people with diabetes and so I reckon they've been testing mine for over 50 years now and never yet found anything wrong with them!

Welcome @Suepat45 I had to have a repeat test once because of a rogue result. It turned out to be a low-level UTI causing the issue. My next test was fine and all the others have been since. So, try not to panic. It could be anything, and many things can be sorted. In my opinion, the worst bit is the waiting. Try to frame it positively: it’s good they’ve spotted a potential issue and it’s very good they’re repeating the test to double check. If there is something that needs attention, it will be discovered and treated.

Mine are always checked as part of the annual review. It could be something as simple as the box not being checked on the original form & so simply wasn't tested.

Do you have online access to your GP records?

Had my diabetic review blood’s Thursday the best day I get a call to have a repeat test the next day for U and Es I saw the form and it said urgent, I know it’s to do with kidneys
But I’m terrified of what it could be (I also suffer from health anxiety) has anyone else been through this?
It can be normal to ask for a repeat test as sometimes the sample is compromised when it arrives in the lab, container has leaked, been broken or similar. Just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back