Help frightened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian6764

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I have been a diabetic for a while now type 2 on metformin
Recently had ketoacidosis after a hip operation and have had to start injections now I’m really worried my bs had been all over the place last few days 10,11 15, any help appreciated

What injections are you on? Is it insulin or something else? If it is insulin, which one? Those numbers are a little high but not terrible so don’t panic. If you have just been put on insulin they will start on a conservative dose and gradually increase it if necessary, dropping you down too quickly would be dangerous.

Recently had ketoacidosis after a hip operation and have had to start injections now I’m really worried my bs had been all over the place last few days 10,11 15, any help appreciated
Those numbers are a little high but they’re not dangerous. It’s normal to be a bit high when you’re recovering.

What medications are you taking and what have you been advised about the dosage and when to change it

The first thing I would say is, don't panic. Easy words to say, I know, but for me, stress can make my blood sugars go up, never mind anything else. The numbers you mention are a bit high, but wouldn't usually be considered too dangerous, over the shorter term.

It would be helpful to have a bit more information on the medications you are taking and what guidance you have been given by your Doctor. Have you been given any way to test for ketones in your blood? It can be useful to check on those when the bloods are a bit high. If you haven't been given any means to test for ketones, again don't panic.

If, for whatever reason, you are feeling you are not safe at the moment, NHS 111 is always there for you.

Those numbers are a lot lower than mine were following DKA earlier in the year. Took around fortnight of titrating basal & bolus before seeing single figures.

As above, you levels aren't horrendous & it's usual to bring your glucose levels down gradually, so as not to shock the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back