Help apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigzy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, i've had type 2 now for 3 years and whilst I have been on tablets to help reduce my levels, slowly, they had started to come down, but between Sept & Dec last year they shot up, so I',m trying to monitor what I'm eating and alter my way of eating. To this end I am trying to find and app that I can use when shopping that will give the break down of carbs, cals etc, to help with what I buy. I am already using Carb management to record what I do eat as a diet plan for when I go back the GP's, but it is a bit fiddly when shopping, so hoping someone knows of an app that you can just scan and see the breakdown.

Also happy to hear of any particular cookbooks that will help.

nutracheck lets you scan barcodes and search with text and is UK based so has all the chain resturants and supermarket brands 🙂

You can track all food through the day and see the breakdown of everything for each meal as well as carbs.

Theres a free trial for 7 days and I think i paid around £25 for the years subscription as I liked the pro features.

You do need active internet connection to use so must have mobile data when shopping.

Don't know about apps but cookbooks which are good are the Pinch of Nom series and the Diabetes cookbook for weight loss by Caldesi.
Otherwise look for low carb or keto recipes on the internet and there are recipes here in the food / recipes forum (drop down menu top left).

nutracheck lets you scan barcodes and search with text and is UK based so has all the chain resturants and supermarket brands 🙂

You can track all food through the day and see the breakdown of everything for each meal as well as carbs.

Theres a free trial for 7 days and I think i paid around £25 for the years subscription as I liked the pro features.

You do need active internet connection to use so must have mobile data when shopping.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back