Help about is it diabetic neuropathy or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinichor1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi
I need help if someone faced same type of problem or have any idea am having pain on my right upper back like burning sensation or needle pain it triggers when i am laying on bed or i touch that part i have been to emergency they said it might be tissue injury bcoz d neuropathy dosent ocvour on back it ocvours mainly on legs and hands but as i searched on google it might be neuropathy pain as well pls share or u have any idea is it neuropathy or tissue pain
Thanks in advance

If you haven't looked at this already it might be worth a read to see if anything ties in with what you're experiencing:-

I got a similar pain from sitting in an office chair all day. Could be something as simple as not having the correct posture. Im not saying is definitely not neuropathic by nature, but there are a tonne of things it could be, a lot of which can be treated.

Sorry to hear about the pain and discomfort you are experiencing @chinichor1

You are right in that neuropathy related to diabetes most commonly presents in the extremities like feet and hands.

Have you had your pulses checked in your ankles and feet since your diagnosis. Ideally this is a check that should happen every year, but many forum members say theirs happens far less frequently.

Have you spoken to your GP about the sensations you are experiencing? If it’s tricky to book an appointment at your surgery it might be easier to try an e-consult?

Alternatively you might like to try calling the Diabetes UK helpline - 0345 123 2399 Mon-Fri 9-6 to see what they suggest?

I got a similar pain from sitting in an office chair all day. Could be something as simple as not having the correct posture. Im not saying is definitely not neuropathic by nature, but there are a tonne of things it could be, a lot of which can be treated.
Is the pain deep or just under the skin?

I agree with @EmmaL76 i worked in offices for years and bad posture can cause pain in back or ribs and can be horrid, making any spine issues far more painful, day to day working habits or being born with things like a slight curve of the spine can be made very painful by bad posture or leaning over while working.

It can be identified /ruled out really quickly by an X-ray and helped with anti inflammatory medication, gel heat pads or cool pads might help too, trial and error with a pad can help you try and relieve the pain.

I would try and see your dr as it’s a persistent issue, hoping it is something that can be easily sorted for you.

Thanks to all of u for my help i booked appointment with gp and taking co-codamol to subsye pain and i belive too now as well its not related to neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back