Hello

Itsdavey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi Everyone.

Just been diagnosed Type 2, so searched the internet and found this forum. Hopefully able to pick up some info

I'm from Kent, I work for the police (not as an officer).

Hi Everyone.

Just been diagnosed Type 2, so searched the internet and found this forum. Hopefully able to pick up some info

I'm from Kent, I work for the police (not as an officer).
Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will find lots of information here to help you get started on making some lifestyle changes. However to help us give you appropriate advice then a bit of information about your diagnosis will help so what is your HbA1C and have you been prescribed any medication as that will affect what may be a suitable dietary approach.

I don't know if this still applies but if you are in Kent it may.
“Kent and Medway CCG, in partnership with Paula Carr Diabetes Trust, are currently offering free access to the myDiabetes app for people living with Type 2 Diabetes in Kent. This would give them access to expert advice, structured education, nutritional guidance, exercise programs and much more.”

The self-referral form is here https://mymhealth.com/resources/kent

Welcome to the forum @Itsdavey from a fellow Kent person! It is a fantastic source of information and support to help you through your diagnosis - It's been great for me and many others

Welcome to the forum @Itsdavey

Glad you’ve found us!

We have literally centuries of lived diabetes experience on the forum, and lots of different people finding their own way through the maze of options to develop their own toolkit of approaches and strategies to help manage their diabetes 🙂

Fire away with any questions! Nothing will be regarded as ‘silly’ or too obvious.

Reactions: JOV
wellcome to the forum

Hi Itsdavey, welcome to the forum, hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Hi @Itsdavey and welcome to the forum. Being diagnosed with diabetes can be a bit overwhelming for some people. As your treatment begins you may have lots of questions. I have found this forum very informative and supportive. A lot of very nice people who are willing to share their own experiences of living with diabetes. It's worth reading some of the previous posts as it may answer some of your questions.

Welcome - I have got more information, support and motivation from Diabetes UK and these forums than anywhere else.

I say to myself everyday it took 30 years to get in this state - you can't get out of it in a few days. - it is a marathon not a sprint.

Back