Hello !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome.

What brings you here? Are you newly diagnosed or having problems with longstanding diabetes management and need some support or advice?
Can you tell us a bit about your diabetes and what if any medication you have for it? Have you been given any dietary advice?
Most importantly.... How can we help you?

I have had type 2 Diabetes for around 6 years, my medication consists of Ramipril 10mg, statins 40mg, omacor 1000mg, omeprazole 20mg, sukkarto , bezafibrate, sertraline. The past 12 months i have not been eating well or exercising and my blood tests were not very good to say the least. The doctor has now given me a new medication called Jardiance 10mg, which i was told would help those that exercise and eating the correct diet has not helped their Diabetes. I beleive Jardiance is a new drug and i was wondering if anyone has taken it and how did it effect them as i have read some of the side effects and its quite frightening. Thank you.

Jardiance, or Empagliflozin, is one of the "flozin" drugs prescribed for Type 2 diabetes. They work by excreting excess glucose through urine. It is necessary to drink lots, and of course that does mean you pee a lot!! I was on Canagliflozin initially then changed to Dapagliflozin. Neither caused me any problems. The most common side effect is thrush and I am meticulous in my personal hygiene, aided by the chlorine in the swimming pool, where I exercise. As I understand it, there is a risk of hypos if you are taking certain other diabetic medications, but Sukkarto (which I also take) is not one of them. I see you have acid reflux, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, like me, but I have not noticed any side effects with my "flozin" and other medications. I can't comment about your omacor, bezafibrate or sertraline. Also, every person's body is different and you may react differently to me. If in doubt, I suggest you double check with your prescriber.

Jardiance, or Empagliflozin, is one of the "flozin" drugs prescribed for Type 2 diabetes. They work by excreting excess glucose through urine. It is necessary to drink lots, and of course that does mean you pee a lot!! I was on Canagliflozin initially then changed to Dapagliflozin. Neither caused me any problems. The most common side effect is thrush and I am meticulous in my personal hygiene, aided by the chlorine in the swimming pool, where I exercise. As I understand it, there is a risk of hypos if you are taking certain other diabetic medications, but Sukkarto (which I also take) is not one of them. I see you have acid reflux, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, like me, but I have not noticed any side effects with my "flozin" and other medications. I can't comment about your omacor, bezafibrate or sertraline. Also, every person's body is different and you may react differently to me. If in doubt, I suggest you double check with your prescriber.
Thank you Felinia, much appreciated. Like you say every person's body is different but it does help to hear from someone who has taken them, so i think i will start tomorrow morning. Once again thank you !!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back