1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

Hello there!

Discussion in 'Newbies say hello here!' started by oliviajones19, Sep 13, 2019.

1. oliviajones19

oliviajones19 New Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 2
    Hi, I am Olivia.

I'm glad to be part of this forum.

About 5 years back I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

While having a Saturday night dinner with my family I suddenly went unconscious and the next thing I know I was lying on a hospital bed with my family members by my side.

Then the doctor gave the worst news of my life that I'm suffering from type 2 Diabetes.

After a few years of struggle and not finding the solution, I met an old friend who helped me controlling my type 2 diabetes.

Since then my blood sugar levels are under control and I'm living a normal healthy life.

2. rebrascora

rebrascora Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Hi and welcome.
    Are you on any medication? Good to hear that you have your blood glucose under control. How are you managing your diabetes? Do you eat low carb? We are always interested in hearing what people find beneficial in dealing with this condition if you want to share any tips.

3. KARNAK

KARNAK Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Hello Olivia welcome to the forum.:) Well done for getting your blood sugars under control, a bit more info would be helpful, e.g. medication, your food regime is crucial for T2. We are here to help you, so ask any question please, take care.

4. Greymouser

Greymouser Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Welcome to the forum Olivia, good to hear you have things under control. I doubt you will regret joining the forum. :)

5. CathyB

CathyB Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Hello and welcome to the club no one chooses to join ;)