Hello. I have just received a one touch Select plus device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stew Bailey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a One Touch Select Plus device but there is no guidance as to how to interpret the readings. They are in mg/dL. Any help please? Thank you.

Oh dear - where did you get it? Those aren’t U.K. units and the instructions seem to suggest the units of measurement can’t be changed. Can you swap the meter for a U.K. one?

If not, you can divide the mg/dl figure you’re getting by 18 and that will convert it to the mmol figure but that does seem a nuisance. Are you on any medication for the diabetes? How often do you test?

Out of interest, does anyone know why you can never change the units on a blood meter? If you have a digital thermometer there is always a setting for Fahrenheit or centigrade, scales you can always choose between metric and imperial etc. Why not with blood meters? Especially as the difference is only a factor of 18, it’s hardly a complicated calculation. But they are always fixed on one or the other and impossible to change.

Out of interest, does anyone know why you can never change the units on a blood meter? If you have a digital thermometer there is always a setting for Fahrenheit or centigrade, scales you can always choose between metric and imperial etc. Why not with blood meters? Especially as the difference is only a factor of 18, it’s hardly a complicated calculation. But they are always fixed on one or the other and impossible to change.
I am sure in the very distant past I had one you change the units on.

Some you can but this one you can’t. I think it’s just for simplicity and so people can’t get it wrong. Lots of people know things like oven temperature equivalents or weather temp equivalents, but not so many know the different glucose measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back