Hello everyone, looking for advice.

Jc57

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was seen at clinic today, by dietician. Told as of tomorrow, I need to start insulin, urgent apt with diabetes nurse. As sugur levels not under control, and not because of what I'm eating.
I'm also suffering non hodgkins lymphoma. This is adding to my blood glucose.
My question is, I know the libra 2 is offered to some now in UK.
If it works, I'm happy to buy one. I'm sleeping so much, and feel, my family and I would benifits from being able to monitor it regularly.
Anyone have any advice please, all help greatly appreciate

I was seen at clinic today, by dietician. Told as of tomorrow, I need to start insulin, urgent apt with diabetes nurse. As sugur levels not under control, and not because of what I'm eating.
If it works, I'm happy to buy one. I'm sleeping so much, and feel, my family and I would benifits from being able to monitor it regularly.
What it will do is give you visibility your blood sugar, probably on your phone which should help you manage your insulin and diet better.
Have a look at this guidance Free CGM
If you don't qualify you can buy them yourself - it is best to go to the company directly as there are a few sharks out there overcharging

You can get a free Libre sensor by visiting Abbott

Quite honestly I should have thought Libres would be prescribed to you, NP. If you're starting on insulin the NHS have to provide blood glucose monitoring equipment anyway, but it may of course depend on whether your treatment includes multiple exposure to eg Xrays, MRI scans, CT scans etc as to whether any type of CGM would be appropriate in your case. That - I simply do not know even for Libre let alone other CGM sensors or transmitters, in which case you'd perforce only be able to use glucometer (fingerprick) BG monitoring. But there again any number of folk (thousands, worldwide) remain happily thriving by use of their glucometers!

Back