Hello Been a while, Specific Libre 2 Sensor Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well I never, I be back for a bit and remembered my login name and password!!

Hope all the old folk I know are well and everyone is well or getting there...

Libre Sensor, been on it a couple of years now, it's not bad is it.

I have had maybe 4 fall off, generally due to physical reasons, such as crawling under desks with stupid amount of cables, squeezing out of a car door, heavy rucksac and holdall taking on and off on bare arm.

When the weather is a bit fresh/cold the reader (don't use my phone) can say "sensor too cold" so when that is likely I wear an old sweat band around my arm to cover the sensor, it works as it keeps it warm, and makes me aware I have it on if I am about to do something that may tear it out of my arm.

So I wreckon it could be worth finding some thin strap/band type thing that I could wear almost all the time on my arm (I am almost always in shorts and short sleeve top) like a sweat band but a lot thinner, it would help me recognise I should be careful when I am about to do something, well I think it's worth trying...

Anyone know of anything out there, or have found a better solution, not that it's a big problemo.

Cheers stay safe, smile at strangers...

Rossi

So I wreckon it could be worth finding some thin strap/band type thing that I could wear almost all the time on my arm (I am almost always in shorts and short sleeve top) like a sweat band but a lot thinner, it would help me recognise I should be careful when I am about to do something, well I think it's worth trying...
There are many armbands for Libre. For example, https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/98E8AD8F-9EF9-4B42-909E-D303B73B8277

Also on Etsy, eBay, etc., in a variety of materials and styles. Also stick on things (for decoration or to cover and help keep the Libre stuck on), for example https://shop.diabetes.org.uk/collections/cgm-patches/products/libre-medtronic-cgm-patches

Lots and lots of options. The wonder of 3D-printing together with dramatically increased numbers of people getting Libre on prescription, I guess.

My daughter has started cutting up old pairs of tights to make elasticated bands to hold all her diabetes bits on. Probably not a great suggestion for a bloke though... and as she uses black tights she now looks like she’s permanently in mourning :rofl:

cheers both, I didn't think of looking but will now, or maybe I'll look for some colourful tights (can you get bright colourful tights!?) to cut up, could be cheaper!

cheers both, I didn't think of looking but will now, or maybe I'll look for some colourful tights (can you get bright colourful tights!?) to cut up, could be cheaper!
You can indeed… how bright do you wanna go ? These are on Amazon … heels optional

Attachments

• 5CAFF32A-21D6-417F-BF8B-8ACDF87567AE.jpeg
    5CAFF32A-21D6-417F-BF8B-8ACDF87567AE.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
I use one of the 3D printed watch face style arm straps and like you it is the visual reminder which helps as much as the added protection. It elastic strap gets pinged quite frequently still but the Libre stays safe and secure.
I have had the same problem in winter and this strap won't solve that but long sleeves do so I just ensure I wear long sleeves now. I did consider making some sort of fleece band to go over it but couldn't be bothered when long sleeves work.

Cheers Emma, good colour choices there!

Barbara, long sleeves are really rare for me even in winter, the old sweat band works really well.

I have just ordered this one, here's hoping it will help !?

Cheers Emma, good colour choices there!

Barbara, long sleeves are really rare for me even in winter, the old sweat band works really well.

I have just ordered this one, here's hoping it will help !?
Blooming heck! I clearly don't "Love my Libre" enough to shell out that sort of money on it. I thought £8.95 was a bit expensive!..... That one looks the biz though. 😎

I can't imagine a sweat band which fits my wrist comfortably going over my upper arm somehow although I imagine the ones I have which were probably bought in the late 80s or 90s and hidden at the back of a drawer somewhere, will have suffered enough elastic degradation due to age that they would fit but probably not stay in place! I like the idea of just utilizing some old worn out legging though..... particularly the bottom ankle area should fit. I'm a make do and mend sort of girl. 🙄

My sweat band is from 1994 and it has loosened up enough to loosely fit around my upper arm, but being honest it isn't a tailored fit!!

lets hope it does feel nice, or at least comfortable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back