hello again everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter john

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
been a couple of weeks since i have been on here, so an update. lost nearly a stone and a half through healthy eating and exercise, still find it hard to take in somedays only been 1 month and a bit, but determined to lose more weight and undertake more exercise,still early days got a day long course coming up in december and next see gp and nurses in jan, so far blood pressure and cholestrol levels good and tingly feet feeling gone as well as the effects of the metformin apart from the wind aspect,one thing to ask you guys, my nurse informed me that because i am 44 i will definately need insulin injections at some future point i know it is progressive but how can she be so certain

been a couple of weeks since i have been on here, so an update. lost nearly a stone and a half through healthy eating and exercise, still find it hard to take in somedays only been 1 month and a bit, but determined to lose more weight and undertake more exercise,still early days got a day long course coming up in december and next see gp and nurses in jan, so far blood pressure and cholestrol levels good and tingly feet feeling gone as well as the effects of the metformin apart from the wind aspect,one thing to ask you guys, my nurse informed me that because i am 44 i will definately need insulin injections at some future point i know it is progressive but how can she be so certain

She can't. She's just quoting from the available statistics. Because diabetes can only stay the same or get worse, it is a progressive condition. But there is no knowing whether or when we'll progress to using insulin. It is just likely that we will.

The weight loss sounds stonking. But if it was only in two weeks, isn't that a bit fast? Sorry if I sound a little negative there.

Last edited:
Well done on the weight loss. If you keep active and eat a healthy diet with low carbs then this will help you to keep your levels down and maybe avoid insulin in future - but if you do have to use insulin its not such a bad thing.🙂Bev

Fast or not - brilliant! that is a real buzz to get you stgarted

Good to see you Back on the Forum

Cheers

She can't. She's just quoting from the available statistics. Because diabetes can only stay the same or get worse, it is a progressive condition. But there is no knowing whether or when we'll progress to using insulin. It is just likely that we will.

The weight loss sounds stonking. But if it was only in two weeks, isn't that a bit fast? Sorry if I sound a little negative there.

i had started healthy eating and even brought a bike for exercise prior to being diagnosed so it has been about 2 months,

i had started healthy eating and even brought a bike for exercise prior to being diagnosed so it has been about 2 months,

Well done Peter, you've been doing extremely well! 🙂 Regarding insulin, there really is no certainty that you will 'end up' on insulin eventually, but if you do you shouldn't regard it as a failure on your part. Some people are started on it straight away and some never need it, so to some extent it is the luck of the draw. By working hard to manage your diabetes well you are giving your body the best help you can, and you can do no more than that, so keep up the good work! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back