Heartburn with Byetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sicne starting Byetta I have really started to struggle with heart burn - which is a given side effect.

I have taken gaviscon disolvable tablets - but can anyone suggest anything better. Its really high up in the throat - if that helps.

I love diet coke, but it seems to make it worse?

Im not on Byetta, but did have bad indigestion when pregnant. I still find the liquid works so much better than the tablets...have you tried the liquid? although it's thick and gloopy, it worked wonders for me.

I have but it makes me sick - and with all the sickness with the Byetta - i dont really want anymore!

Thanks for the quick response Doddy - much appreciated.

Maybe you need to ask you Gp for some acid suppressing meds? Like you say, you really don't want to be adding to the sickness!
I feel for you...it must be awful begin constantly sick...

im on byretta as well and get real bad heartburn am on the point of asking gp for some help didt know it was a side affect

I have been having chrystalised ginger to help with the sickness Cherrypie, but it hasn't helped the heart burn.

Gail - I didn't know you were on Byetta - have you struggled with sickness too? Heartburn is definitely a side effect I am afraid.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back