heart problems????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sianee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi guys and girls, i hope everyone is well.
have had a bit of a rough time with my diabetes lately. i havent been managing very well at all, diabolicaly actually. having been very ill lately its been becoming increasingly harder to manage it.
i just wondered wether anyone else has experienced an substantially higher heart rate along with high sugars??? my heart is pounding and going at 130 beats or more a minute more often than not! the hospital dont seem to be too concerned about it, but it definatly not the norm. if anyone has had the same thing would be great to hear from you, if its not my diabetes then i will have too look into something else. :confused:
thanks x

Hi Sianee nice to see you posting.I used to suffer hypers quite regular and 2 of the signs i got were faster rate breathing and heart rate, so i knew i must test and it always confirmed i was high, so your not the only one hun x

Yes Sianee, I have had that when really high, usually not until I've been over 18 though. Welcome in.

Hi Sianee

there is another thing here as well, when you notice that your heart is beating quickly you are probably becoming anxious. Anxiety causes an adrenaline release and that will keep your heart beating faster.

This will sound weird but if you actually try and think your heart beating faster it may slow down.

I would suggest though if this has been going on a while to get your GP to check your thyroid levels particularly if you are feeling hot a lot and have lost weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back