healthy minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
just seen my gp ohhh hes sooooo good, no problem with new lancets...and i got some really fancy coloured ones, strips and other stuff i needed hes also refering me to something called Healthy minds ...has anyone heard or had experience of this organisation?

I have heard of it mentioned by my DSN,dnt knw much mind you , hope you get onto it am can only reap the benifits xx

glad you got your strips , oooo coloured ones as well your being spoilt lol xxx

I've heard it mentioned too, but don't know anything about it.

new lancets...and i got some really fancy coloured ones,

Yeah, my lancets (for Bayer Contour monitor) are all different colours, they look really pretty in the little holder!! The ones that actually come with the monitor are just grey, so I was pleasantly surprised!!

Never heard of Healthy Minds, but can't see it could be anything but good! Let us know.............

xx

healthy minds is not neccessarily to do with Diabetes he stated he didnt know of specific Diabetic councilars but is putting his secretaries on to doing resarch..also suggested i continue to get HbA1c every 3 months rather than 6 months and gave me total congratulations for being 6.4 they like to see it at a steady 6.5
he gave me anti biotic drops for my ear infection and no problems with strips and lancets...what a guy..he is our training gp and he will leave in august i had to say where ever he goes he'll be a fab gp ..let you all know !!

i found the website regarding heathy minds it seems like it runs in a number of areas, the link i have is for Bucks. I decided to post it because it looks interesting in that they are looking at all sorts of topics that can trigger depressive bouts and seem to try and help form strategies for dealing with it...apparently they contact within 2 weeks of referral so i will let you all know how it goes.
http://www.healthymindsbucks.nhs.uk/

Never heard of healthy minds, but if it is new my doctor wont want to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back