healthier christmas menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Following on from Andrews thread about having a healthy christmas,I thought we could start one that lists 'healthy' alternatives to the normal things we eat at christmas.

I cant think of any at the moment myself - but will put my thinking cap on!

Also, perhaps it would be a good idea to give the carb count.:DBev

Might be a very quiet thread Bev, I can't think of anything either! But will have a think:D

I sat and thought for five minutes and could think of nothing. Healthy Christmas Pudding just isn't the same. I don't normally have too many problems when thinking of food.

Instead of trying to find healthy alternatives, I try to encourage everyone to play games and be more physical, even going for a stroll round the block on Christmas Day helps burn off some of the excesses!

Instead of trying to find healthy alternatives, I try to encourage everyone to play games and be more physical, even going for a stroll round the block on Christmas Day helps burn off some of the excesses!

No suggestions, but just wanted to say we used to do that on boxing day a long walk over the fields and down country lanes as a family, happy memories.

Wish I could, for those of us with mobility issues, some recipes would be great 🙂

There's some Christmas recipes in the latest Sweet magazine.

I'm going to make some sausage rolls using filo pastry. (page 23).

tez ive mailed you back ok r.e the recipies

Theres a xmas pud recipe on the diabetes uk website - here
Not sure how much better than normal pud it is as I dont eat them anyway

I just remembered - one of the women at work said she'll be having Xmas pud as usual... this year she'll be having a smaller portion and will eat it with a tea spoon.

What a good idea!

hey great thread katie im goina have a time reading this xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back