Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt says NHS must adapt to survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Jeremy Hunt has said the NHS won't survive unless staff adapt to the coalition government's sweeping reforms.

The Health Secretary also trailed new plans to - among other thing - the way doctors work in the UK.

Speaking to The Sunday Times, Mr Hunt said: ?I think (the NHS) is sustainable in the medium term if we are prepared to take some difficult decisions about how we deliver healthcare. But we are up for those decisions.?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...t-says-nhs-must-adapt-to-survive-8756180.html

The man is talking nonsense, as usual for this government, if he thinks an IT solution can be successfully implemented on such a timescale and probably without any investment. Having spent 30 years in IT, I have been perpetually appalled at the way management and politicians believe that the technology and expertise is so widely available, and the resulting systems flawless. There are lots of very good designers and programmers out there, but there are also a lot of useless ones. I'm not saying the objective is wrong, just that the expectations are completely unrealistic 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back