Health Bill risks fragmenting diabetes care

Status
Not open for further replies.
northey sort the link

ah u did off to read 😉

she seems to be saying all the right things i just hope something is done

Blimey, off topic a little but diabetes is costing ?9 Billion a year.

I can't help but think a decent cure by artificial means could had had for a fraction of that.

Blimey, off topic a little but diabetes is costing ?9 Billion a year.

I can't help but think a decent cure by artificial means could had had for a fraction of that.

i typed the 9 billion in but didnt wanna sound like i was having a go so deleted it before i clicked post

What high quality care?
The bad reports far out weigh the good on all the forums I read.
My PCT is known as the primitive care trust regarding diabetes care 😡

Diabetes is one of the biggest and fastest rising health challenges facing the UK. Around 10 per cent of NHS spending goes on diabetes and its complications; this equates to ?9 billion per year or ?1 million an hour.

how many D are ther in the uk ??

quote duk

There are 2.8 million people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK

shall we do the maths ?

correct me if im wrong ...1mill / 2.8mill = 3500 per hour each ....😱ummm 🙄

and this place is free... run wholly by volunteers... and is by far the best place to come to ask and get information understanding of diabetes and living with all forms of this condition... if im going to be allowed to 'choose'/commission in the future how to spend my 'care' budget i think id choose here !! heheee😉;

Last edited:
i typed the 9 billion in but didnt wanna sound like i was having a go so deleted it before i clicked post
I didn't even see you post:D I was responding to the article.

Think about it though that's the best part of ?100 Billion over the next ten years, Surely it would be worth bunging say ?10 Billion at the problem so all the science, clever people and doctors take notice and come u[ with a cure. It could save our children and thier children an absolute fortune.

Diabetes is one of the biggest and fastest rising health challenges facing the UK. Around 10 per cent of NHS spending goes on diabetes and its complications; this equates to ?9 billion per year or ?1 million an hour.

how many D are ther in the uk ??

quote duk

There are 2.8 million people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK

shall we do the maths ?

correct me if im wrong ...1mill / 2.8mill = 3500 per hour each ....😱ummm 🙄

and this place is free... run wholly by volunteers... and is by far the best place to come to ask and get information understanding of diabetes and living with all forms of this condition... if im going to be allowed to 'choose'/commission in the future how to spend my 'care' budget i think id choose here !! heheee😉;
I think that is ?350 per hour each
Well you said correct you if you were wrong lol 😉

I think that is ?350 per hour each

oooppps couldnt work out the decimal point ...350 hr ummm more maths comming up ...
24 X 350 = 8400 a day ....
8400 x 365 = 310,250 each 😱

still think that the best advice i have ever had in terms of my care has come from here ... thanks folks x🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back