Heading for remission and thanks to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed in July 2020 with T2, Hba1c was 107 and came as a real shock.

I went straight on this site for advice and guidance from many who gave their time and shared knowledge. First review today, three months in and Hba1c now 43. This is down to a massive change in lifestyle, diet, exercise, dogged determination and supportive family.

I appreciate that not everyone can get there but want to thank all those on this site who have helped me.

Thanks Martin, you were one of those who gave me some sound advice, I am grateful for those who gave the time to help.

It was a shock to find out one has a chronic condition when you are otherwise fit healthy and active.

Your diabetes journey mirrors my own in every respect. I could pretty well have written the exact same post. You're right that not everyone will succeed but your results show that you're going in the right direction.

Martin

Hello @PCJ
Many congratulations on your achievement, and thanks for telling us about it.
This will provide great encouragement to others following a similar route. I'm sure it wasn't easy, and that there have been some ups and downs.
Hope you are enjoying the many benefits of the changed lifestyle as well, and feeling a lot better.

Fantastic result @PCJ - keep it up

Hello and well done @PCJ 🙂

Reactions: PCJ
Well done @PCJ what a transformation.
You should be very proud of yourself.

Reactions: PCJ
Amazing what dogged determination can do... provided your plan is a good one. Well done @PCJ!!

I was diagnosed in July 2020 with T2, Hba1c was 107 and came as a real shock.

I went straight on this site for advice and guidance from many who gave their time and shared knowledge. First review today, three months in and Hba1c now 43. This is down to a massive change in lifestyle, diet, exercise, dogged determination and supportive family.

I appreciate that not everyone can get there but want to thank all those on this site who have helped me.
Fantastic news, well done , it’s not easy to change eating habits , I’m trying hard with the odd lapse and that’s only when I go out , I’m fine at home

Well done you. Fantastic results for all your efforts

Amazing what dogged determination can do... provided your plan is a good one. Well done @PCJ!!
Hope so Docb - everything improved on review - weight, body fat, blood pressure and cholesterol all down, no ketos but biggest challenge will be sustainability. That’s will be my next 3 month focus, any advice greatly appreciated.

Hope so Docb - everything improved on review - weight, body fat, blood pressure and cholesterol all down, no ketos but biggest challenge will be sustainability. That’s will be my next 3 month focus, any advice greatly appreciated.

You have done so well. I hope that you are proud of your achievement. The people on this site saved me too. That was 8 years ago. I am still managing to keep my HbA1c at an acceptable level. As you have changed your lifestyle you will do it. Well done and I hope it continues. (With your tenacity I have every confidence it will.) 🙂

Brilliant result @PCJ! Well done for all the hard work. :D 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back